Thank you for allowing us to represent you in your recent transaction. Your moving day is just around the corner here are some helpful tips for the big day!
- Change your address with important service providers, and do a "Change of Address" with Canada Post.
- Create a list of people who will need your new address. Whether you plan on sending formal change-of-address notices in the mail or just e-mailing the family members, friends, and colleagues, a list will ensure no one gets left out.
- Contact utility companies. Make sure they’re aware of your move date and arrange for service at your new home if the service provider will remain the same.
- Cancel insurance on your previous home and set up insurance on the new home to commence at 12:01am on closing day.
- Choose and hire a local Notary or Lawyer to represent you in this sale or purchase and be sure to tell us who this person is so we can forward them the documents.
- Check with the condo strata board about booking the elevator and arrange payment for move in/move out fees. (if applicable)
- Pack an “Open First” box. Include items you’ll need most, such as toilet paper, soap, trash bags, chargers, box cutters, scissors, hammer, screwdriver, pens and paper, cups and plates, water, snacks, towels, and basic toiletries.
- Label boxes by room for ease of unloading.
- Hire Cleaners for the new place and your old place too! Saves you time and a lot of extra work!
- We can recommend a good moving company if you need some help.
- We will organize keys with you a few days prior to the possession day.
If you’re moving a long distance:
- Obtain copies of important records from your doctor, dentist, pharmacy, veterinarian, and children’s schools.
- E-mail a copy of your driving route to a family member or friend
Don't forget we have a free moving van available for you to use! (Based on availability)
If there is anything we can help you with please don't hesitate to call or email. It has been a pleasure working with you; Good luck with your move!